4.27.2009

Farmer Horne


Well, we thought that we would take advantage of the beautiful land that God has surrounded us with and the barn. So, we have now added 3 ducks and 6 chickens to our family. The ducks are "Boaz" the brown boy duck, "Ruth" his wife, and "Tinkerbell" his concubine (named by Lucy girl herself). They are actually really sweet! They chirp for us and when we come to see them, they run to see us. Aparently, they can live up to 30 years and are good "companions". We got them just for fun because they are so stinkin cute. Maybe one day we'll have little families running all over the place.


We didn't name the chicks because they are all girls and we can't tell them apart. They are "laying hens", so they each will lay an egg a day. Cool, huh! Guess we'll be having a lot of eggs in our diet.


We also got 2 new (scary) rabbits that look evil to me. Hence why there is no picture of them.

4 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

SO FUN!!!!! I love names and my kids loved the pictures! Wow...baby ducks really ARE adorable....I am impressed with your adaptablility, Christie!!! :) I want to see pictures of the pigs next!!! :)

For His Glory said...

Hey Christie, I think the duck looks a little like you...YOu know how everyone in your life reminds you of a stuffed animal hee hee...Sweet if the world comes to an end at least I know where to go for some duck meat!! (And you know that why you got them!!)

crystal said...

Wow!! would my kids want to live with you for sure!!I will show them the pictures when they wake up!!they are seriously cute and I actually would love to have baby ducks and chicks!Thank you for sharing and Iam so glad that you have came out of the city life of Rio Vista!!and become farmer Horne:)

For His Glory said...

Mmmm...The brown one looks tasty...